Help Mary Get The Best Treatment Possible...

We would like to thank our friends at Automatic Car Credit for setting up an account at Zions Bank to help offset Mary's medical costs. As you can imagine, her cancer treatment is very expensive. Your heart felt donations will go towards getting her the best care possible...Mary, Erin and I are deeply touched by your generousity. We will do our best to make a difference in this world with the second chance you are giving us. We appreciate this more then you will ever know.

We love you all,

Dave, Mary & Erin




To Donate: Go to any Zions Bank. Make donation under the account "Mary Will Win Donation"

Update: Many of you have had problems with Zions finding this account. You must use the full account name which is

"Mary Will Win Donation" they will not be able to find it under anything less then those 4 words. Sorry for the confusion but thank you so much for your help!


Any donations that are not used to cover her medical expenses will be donated to the Huntsman Cancer Foundation.


Monday, February 15, 2010

Thoughts From Mary...

I accept this challenge from God who will not give me more than I can handle. If the footprints I see in the sand are God's because he is carrying me, then the three that I see beside His are from my husband, my daughter, and my twin sister. And, all those behind Him are from my family, friends, co-workers, and neighbors. This effects not just me, but all of those around me, and I must say, I have the BEST surrounding me. So, when you question how we (Dave, Erin, and I) are able to get through this, just know that it is all the people that support us that makes it possible. I am a twin, which means that I am never alone, as she is made up of me, and I am made up of her. Where she ends, I start, and where she starts, I end. When you pray, please pray for not only me, but for those closest to me, and for those that this also reaches out to because they know me.

These past few weeks have been quite a whirlwind. As soon as Dave and I heard the awful news, all I wanted to do was to shout it from the rooftops, so everyone could start praying for us. Really, I have to go through something else; wasn't the brain tumor enough just two short years ago? I remember saying to my twin sister, an abnormal mammogram, oh, it must just be "dense tissue" like last time because God would never give me cancer. Everyone asks, how are you doing? My first response is I'm good, how are you? It is easier to be positive than it is to be negative, so please understand that and don't think that I am in denial. I must have people around me to survive, so don't shy away from me, and don't ever think that you are bothering me because I absolutely need your strength.

I am so surprised to know how common breast cancer is. There isn't anyone that I talk to that doesn't know someone or has been through this themselves. The good thing about this is the medical world is getting better at taking care of it. The bad thing is that it has become almost as common as the flu virus. So, you ask yourselves what you can do to help, and you feel helpless, I say, educate yourselves. The more we all know about this and how to deal with it the better we can help all of those that are yet to get it as well. Read, learn, explore, and then teach. By the time my daughter reaches 30, she must start getting mammograms since she now has a history. By then, I hope that all she needs to know about it, is so commonplace that they are teaching it in school.

As you can see, my husband is my greatest support. Nothing can express the love I have for him and Erin. I love all of you as well. Here is something you can do for me today...instead of having anger enter your mind and thoughts today, turn it into a smile and a soft heart. Then tell someone around you how much you care and love them.

Mary

4 comments:

  1. You guys are so uplifting that I look forward to not just the updates you offer but your thoughts about everything too. I love reading how amazingly strong and positive you are and your thoughts and testimonies help me to help you..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it, Mary. I shall turn an ugly word into a kind one today. But only today, unless you remind me again. :) We love you. I'll be up half the night in commiseration for you, knowing you won't be sleeping like a babe. But soon, very soon. What kind of treat do you want for when you're home and recuperating? Hopefully, the sun will shine and Spring will come around soon. Just for you. Love you! Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish we were closer so I could do more. I have been thinking a lot about you and will remember to do what you ask....a smile and a soft heart. Love you...good luck tomorrow. We will all be with you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary, we will be fasting and praying for you tomorrow! Good luck and we love you very much!! Thanks for being so strong and such a good example to all of us!
    Dani

    ReplyDelete